Thursday, March 17, 2011

No more dillydallying! No more dithering! No more lingering, loitering, moping or lollygagging!

My plan was to seek employment while here in San Jose, but it's reached the point where if I want to work, I'd better be prepared to stay. I can take a 1 year contract and work until next March, or I can take a 6 month contract and work until the weather is turning cold again in the rest of the country and then either back track across the south, or start waiting for spring again. Either case has me leaving in March 2012.

I realized I really don't want to do that. I do have one last financial resource that I didn't want to tap into, so I can keep on rolling for now. I'm going to head out in This April or May and continue on the journey. Here I am in California, I got my bike up and running again, and I've been far too static here. Adventure awaits!

Although I'm down to my last $40 while waiting for a check to clear, so not too much adventure.

Meanwhile, I found out I'm only about a mile away from the world's largest permanent Monopoly board.

S7300009

S7300008

Here I am standing on Go. If only I got $200 for it.

S7300012

I like to think that if I had a ridiculously large amount of money, I would bring 4 or 5 friends to this board, give them each $1500, and then play Monopoly with real money. I would also drive everywhere in a silver Ford 32 B Roadster, because I GET TO BE THE CAR!

2 comments: