Friday, April 15, 2011

The roughest 60 miles...

These past 17,000 miles I've gotten rained on, hailed on, snowed on. I've warmed myself in a gas station while it was 29 degrees out and I still had an hour to ride.

One time I had to wipe ice off my windshield to see through it.

I've ridden through rain so hard I had to slow down to 30 mph on a freeway just so I didn't override my visibility.

I've sat in a gas station in Arizona getting dry while the sky threw a tantrum of rain and lightning down on the only way in to Flagstaff.

I've ridden over the usually beautiful and scenic California Highway 1 while the fog was so thick I could only see about a mile in any direction.

The worst disaster that a biker can ride in, is traffic in the L.A. metro area. Take my word on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment