Thursday, July 14, 2011

Neck Paintings

Hey! Remember my friend Jaime out on Salt Spring Island that if you haven't read the post immediately below this one that you've never heard about?

"What's she doing out there on Salt Spring Island?"

Glad I pretended you asked!

She makes scarves. Jaime, you see, is a crafty person. No, I don't mean she's scheming and tricky. I mean she's real good with textiles. She makes these amazing scarves that her friends jokingly call "Neck Paintings" because they really are like wearing a painting around your neck. She showed me one that definitely evoked Van Gogh's "Starry Night". Of course, maybe I only thought of that because of the cupcakes in Portland. I wish I had a picture. Instead I'll just rip a couple of pictures from her website:

S7300005

S7300005

S7300005

Aren't those beautiful? Wouldn't one of those make the perfect accessory? Have everybody "Oo"ing and "Ah"ing over your incredibly unique and beautiful scarf? Yes. Yes it would. Here's a link to her blog where at the very least you can leave a comment saying "Hey I want one of your scarves!":

dharmathreads.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment