Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 1 and 2

It took me all morning but I finally packed up every last thing I could think of onto my bike. Behold "Mt. Luggage"!

I still managed to forget a flashlight. Anyway just as I got it all packed on, I started to get rained on. Checking the weather revealed that there were sever thunderstorms all up and down the state. It may seem impossible but it's not unheard of for a biker to die because they were struck by lightning on the road. So in rain I ride cautious but when Zeus starts playing tiddly-winks, I run for cover.
I waited for a break in the weather and when I saw it, I took it. At around 6pm I hit the road for Rochester. I'm pretty sure I left at 6 but somehow I didn't get there until 1am. Oh well. 7 hours of hard riding later and I arrive at the home of my friends Craig and Katie. I lift Mt. Luggage off my bike in one massive piece and bring it in. In doing so I'm sure i hurt my arms. Either that or the 7 hours of riding did it. Either way, my arms were killing me.

Today, I went to lunch (breakfast) with Craig at the Pita Pit. Then I packed Mt. Luggage back on my bike, one piece at a time, which absolutely killed my arms. Did I injure myself somehow? Is that what this is? I guess I'll figure that out later. I got on my bike and rode the 5 hours east, north up I-81, and slightly west to Yarker, Ontario, Canada. Tomorrow is a day of recovery and mostly nothing. Then on Sunday I'll head up to Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment