Monday, June 28, 2010

"There is no Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in the land..."

Yesterday I arrived at my hosts' apartment in the middle of Montreal. We then went over to a concert that some other couchsurfer was playing in a bar. They were of course competing with the annual Montreal Jazz Festival which is going on all week so it was like a private concert. It was a cool experience and if you like folk music, check out http://kateelliottmusic.com

Meanwhile, today I left at 7am with my host who was going to work. I was going to the tourist information booth to see what brochures/maps might pique my interest. I figured if I asked them what there was to do, they would just tell me about the Jazz Fest. After leaving the tourist info desk, I realized I forgot my camera so rather than go to all the sightseeing spots with no pictures to share with everyone, I figured I'd kill the day at the Jazz Fest and walking down the big street with all the shops on it. You're welcome. I've pretty much been walking for 12 hours and in my travels I've discovered Montreal is a totally cool city. This suburban kid could definitely be happy living here. Pictures to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to go there for years, but haven't made it yet. Really looking forward to seeing your pix!

    ReplyDelete