Saturday, September 25, 2010

The dude and the child

Jeff and Nikki were going to New Orleans for a convention from Thursday until tonight. They were bringing the kids (Matt: 17; Veronica: 6) too. It was going to be family fun in NOLA. Until Matt decided he wanted to stay home. He said he didn't want to miss any classwork, but I think a small part of it might have also been some good old I'm-a-teenager-and-I-don't-want-to-step-outside-the-comfort-zone-so-I'd-rather-sit-home-and-play-video-games-in-my-free-time-than-spend-a-long-weekend-in-New-Orleans-with-my-family.

Now since Veronica is 6, her going was contingent on Matt being able to watch her for a few hours during the weekend. So now they're up the creek because they got accommodations and plans and need a somebody who can babysit from Thursday to Sunday.

Alright, I have occupied their living room for a damn month, I'll step up and let them enjoy their weekend by offering to babysit.

Smile!
S7300002

Alright, I don't have nearly as much patience for children as it probably would take for this but we've both survived and that's what's important.

Things actually went fairly well but dinner each night was a bit of a battle.

Ah, willful children will be the death of themselves on me one day.

It was a cool day in Texas today; I'm looking north with a half smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment