Friday, October 1, 2010

Time marches on

I generally order my parts from Bikebandit.com. Tires too. I get a 10% ama discount and something like 1% of all purchases accrue as store credit or "bandit bucks". For an AMA member, it's a pretty nice thing they got goin' on.

Remember that new radiator cap I was hoping would stop the coolant leak? I then took it to a mechanic only to be told I need a new radiator cap and possibly a new radiator?

Well, I got in touch with BikeBandit and they said they'd send me a new-new radiator cap and I told the help agent I dealt with to ship it to me here in Dallas. Turns out it's going to Austin. Whoops. They screwed up and refunded me on the original shipping since the replacement is free (or so they said they would) but here I am in Dallas, having to stay longer than planned.

I feel I have to go to Dealy Plaza where Kennedy was shot. I also figured I'd go on a short hike since there are places for that too. Other than that I have no idea what to do here as I only planned on staying 3 days anyway and everyone has told me there's nothing to do in Dallas.

So I figured I would perform a little experiment:
Any requests? This is a "blog"; I'm not writing this for myself. I'm writing this for you, dear reader. Is there anything you want to see pictures of in the Dallas area? Anything you want written about by a novice "blogger"*? Anything at all? Even if it's not Dallas related? Just name it. Want to see pictures of the fattest cat in the world? Just say so.

*[note: a "blogger" is one who writes in a "blog" {note-note: a "blog" is to the internet what a composition notebook is to the world (note-note-note: The internet is to ideas what a stinking landfill is to an empty field of beautiful green grass)}]

No comments:

Post a Comment