Sunday, December 12, 2010

California, preaching on the burning shore

My last few days in Arizona were spent in Tucson and then Phoenix and in each location I stayed with an amazing adventure biker of whose passion for what we do impresses even me. I'm now seriously considering a dual-sport for my next bike. We'll see how that pans out.

Meanwhile, I made it out to California!

S7300010

Let's compare the view from where I'm staying now, to where I was 2 weeks ago:

Palm Desert:
S7300017

Sandy:
S7300001

Oh but it is good to be in SoCal.

Today I rode through Joshua Tree National Park.

If anyone tells you to skip this place, they are clearly a traveler who is only concerned with the destination. It's full of spectacular views, great big rock piles to climb on, and truffula trees:

S7300024

I also saw a dude who I can only describe as Jesus Of The Desert in his flip-flops, capris, poncho, and fly-goggle sunglasses. And the best part is, he was driving this:
S7300018

I love it here!

2 comments:

  1. If you ever happen to roll through Palm Springs/Palm Desert area again check out the palm Spring Aerial Tramway. http://www.pstramway.com/ It is very cool we went in Mid-November and they said in the winter there is snow at the top and 80 degree weather at the bottom. Oh and it is beautiful. You can camp there too.

    ReplyDelete