Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Morgue Anne

My friends and I film sketch comedy in our free time under the company name "Sick Kids Productions". It's an incredibly fun hobby. We even produced a DVD of our work entitled "Nuclear Justice". Behind the end credits on the DVD is the picture from the end of "The Shining", only instead of seeing Jack Nicholson in the crowd you see all of us. That photo editing job was done by Morgan, a friend of Kreg's [sic].

One day during this past year in which I had a job in Secaucus, NJ, I was hanging out with Kreg after work and he says to me

"Morgan said she saw you at work yesterday."
"...What? No. Must've been one of my clones." On a side note, I do have several clones running about.
"No she's sure it was you. She asked me where you worked and I said 'Somewhere in Secaucus.' She thinks you work in the same building."
"There are a lot of somewheres in Secaucus. Can't be."

And a few days later as I'm walking back in the building from lunch, someone driving by in a car yells out "SICK KIDS PRODUCTIONS! YEAH!"

Small damn world, huh?

Eventually, it falls on me to deliver Morgan's copy of "Nuclear Justice". After a few text messages back and forth, this process has quickly taken on the tones of a hostage negotiation. She was to get her DVD, and I was to get a pirate. I didn't really feel I needed a pirate, but it's important to not let people think they have all the leverage. I even decided to throw in a munchkin. I can't remember why there were munchkins in the testing room that day, but there were.

It was apparent that neither one of us wanted to be the first one on the scene. After all, if you show up first it gives the other side time to observe you and plan an ambush. So as I was furtively glancing around a corner into the hallway like I was playing "Time Crisis", I caught a glimpse of Morgan furtively glancing around a corner into the hallway like she was playing "Time Crisis".

Photobucket

We made the exchange and she gave me a packet of ketchup along with the pirate. That left me feeling pretty good. Did I miss my calling as a hostage negotiator? I think so.

When I found out that the pirate separated into two parts, and inside was a treasure map, I kept it a secret. If she didn't know there was a treasure map in there, and I told her about it, she could call dibs and get the pirate back. That's pirate law right there.

I figured I would find the treasure on this trip, and now you know my real reason for leaving. I told her about the treasure map while I was in Dallas, beyond the boundaries of any repercussions, but she knew it was there the whole time. Did she already get the treasure? Did she take the real map and switch it for a decoy that points to the other side of the country? It's too late to worry about it now.

Anyway, her blog is pretty damn funny and she is amazing as a special effects artist. Morgan will make a zombie costume that will have you convinced the end is nigh and looting your local grocery store (with apologies to the Walgreens in Alamogordo). We agreed that rather than compete for followers, we would just link to each other's blogs on the condition that I draw her as a turtle as a peace offering. Hence the button to the right. She decided to make an exchange of it. So we each created a custom avatar for each other, her being a real artist and me being an MSPaint turtle-artist. Check out her blog, The Asylum follow it, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment