Monday, July 19, 2010

Roanoke

My bike leaked coolant from the radiator cap all the way down from D.C. to Roanoke.

S7300007

Maybe it wasn't screwed on right, maybe it's a faulty cap. Maybe it's because when I checked the coolant level when the bike was cold, it was way high. VERY high. The next morning when I checked the bike cold it was still pretty high

S7300009

I'm hoping that's the cause of the leak. So I take my Valk to a self serve car wash, clean her up, and then hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. I ride up to the Mill Mountain lookout where they have what they claim is the world's largest man made star and it lights up at night.

S7300017

Use your imagination. From the lookout you can see the city of Roanoke proper

S7300016

and for just 25¢, visitors can use this laser cannon to rain death down upon the unwitting inhabitants!

S7300025

After about an hour and a half of riding around the Blue Ridge parkway and coming back to my host's house, there was no leaked coolant. I was also running the Valk a little colder than when we're on the freeway but that tells me it just needs the excess drained out.

Today was a trip up Highway 311 which is a much more fun ride than the BRP. At least the parts of the BRP that I was on. 311 was Full of sweepers and twisties.

S7300032

Tomorrow I move on to Cherokee, North Carolina. My only question is "Is there one of these for every season or is every company supposed to release one in the summer?"

S7300001

No comments:

Post a Comment